Welcome to Leadership Boardwalk
Leadership Boardwalk was created to develop, inform, and inspire current and future Santa Cruz Seaside Company leaders through a comprehensive program that:
- Explores the rich history of the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
- Examines the purpose and function of individual departments and workgroups.
- Creates a strong sense of teamwork among the participants.
- Provides hands-on learning and leadership development opportunities.
- Broaden the perspective of participants and deepen their understanding of the Santa Cruz Seaside Company and Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
- Develop current and future leaders by helping them develop new skills, grow their careers and expand their knowledge base.
- Strengthen interpersonal relationships among program participants.
Curriculum & Schedule
|Friday, September 8
|Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk History & Leadership
|December 12 & 13
|2-day Leadership Development Challenge
|Off-Site Park or Attraction Visit
|Leadership Development & Graduation
*Schedule for 2023-2024 subject to change.
- Modeled after Leadership Santa Cruz County, Leadership Boardwalk is a 10-month program that runs from September to June.
- Leadership Boardwalk is open to Santa Cruz Seaside Company directors, supervisors, managers and assistant managers. If you are interested in participating and your title does not fit this description please contact Kris Reyes to discuss.
- All interested participants must apply to attend Leadership Boardwalk.
- Approximately 15 people are selected for each year.
- Individual sessions typically last a full workday.
- Sessions may include site visits to the featured department.
- The site visit in May is a field trip to another attraction or amusement park.
For more information please contact Kris Reyes at [email protected] or ext. 2334
The application window for Leadership Boardwalk has ended.