Planning Guide – Fall
We are super excited for the upcoming Girl Scout Overnight here at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk!
Please review the following information before you head off to your fun overnight event.
*times and events subject to change
|1pm-10pm||Check-in at Main Entrance|
|4pm||Gates open for Set-up|
|5pm-8pm||Arcade Free Play in the Casino Arcade and Neptune's Kingdom (Includes Laser Tag & Mini Golf- excludes redemption games)|
|5pm-8pm||Ride Exclusive: Looff Carousel & Pirate Ship|
|6pm-8pm||Dinner at the Aloha Terrace|
|7:45pm-8:15pm||Magic Show (Located at the Beach Movie)|
|8:15pm-8:20pm||Evening Girl Scout Program (Located at the Beach Movie)|
|8:25pm-10:25pm||Movie on the Beach|
|7am-8:30am||Pack up sleeping areas|
|7am||Coffee at Aloha Terrace|
|8am-9am||Breakfast at the Aloha Terrace|
|8am-9am||Sand Sculpture Sign-ups|
|9am-10:30am||Sand Sculpture Contest|
|9am-11:30am||Arcade Free Play in the Casino Arcade and Neptune's Kingdom (Includes Laser Tag & Mini Golf- excludes redemption games)|
|10:15am-10:50am||Sand Sculpture Judging|
|11am||Sand Sculpture Winners Announced|
What to do before arriving
- Register everyone in attendance, adult chaperones, scouts, friends and siblings.
- Everyone in attendance must submit online authorization form.
- Bring registration and confirmation email.
Recommended Packing list
- Free-standing tent
- Hand cart or wagon (to help transport items to sleeping area)
- Sleeping pad/mattress
- Sleeping bag
- Warm jacket
- Snacks & bottled water
- Change of clothes for Saturday
Most food locations accept cashless payment only. Boardwalk Bucks are accepted at all food locations. All games and attractions do not accept cash (Must purchase a MyBoardwalk card).
- Parking is free for registered attendees on Friday and Saturday.
- RV parking will be $25 and must park in the Main Parking lot. You will need to process payment on Friday at the check-in ticket booth. An employee will give you a confirmation paper that must be displayed on your dashboard overnight. Security will be notified of your RV. Failure to process payment on Friday will result in full $50 RV parking fee on Saturday.
- Main Lot: You will pull a ticket. Please take ticket to event check-in table to be validated. Tickets cannot be validated after 12pm Saturday morning.
- Security will patrol the parking lot for the overnight parking.
- No ins and outs. Once you leave Saturday, standard parking rates will apply.
- Check-in will be located at the Main Entrance. Check-in will be open at 1pm and will be staffed by a Boardwalk representative until 10pm.
- An information table will be staffed by a Boardwalk representative Saturday morning from 8am-9am at breakfast and from 9am-12pm at the Season Pass office.
- When checking in, you will receive your patch, event wristband and any additional items you have pre-purchased including T-shirts and lunch packages.
- Limited availability of T-shirts available to purchase at check-in.
- You can check-in as a group or individually. Once you enter event, you may set up inside the Boardwalk. There are no assigned campsite locations.
- The event wristband you receive at check-in will allow you access to the exclusive event areas on Friday evening and Saturday morning. The wristband will also be your All-Day Rides Wristband for the rides on Saturday.
- If anyone in your group needs to leave early once checked in, please see Boardwalk representative at the check-in table or information table. If you need to leave once the check-in table is closed, please see Boardwalk Security.
- Dinner is included with registration for Friday evening on the Aloha Terrace near the Casino Arcade from 6pm-8pm. Sorry, we cannot accommodate meals for late arrivals.
- Dinner Menu (subject to change without notice): Chicken strips, pasta with marinara, baked beans, fruit salad, carrots, celery, fountain drinks and water.
- Breakfast is included with registration for Saturday morning and will be served on the Aloha Terrace near the Casino Arcade from 8-9am.
- Breakfast Menu (subject to change without notice): Scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs with bacon, bagels, oatmeal, yogurt, bananas, coffee, hot cocoa, orange juice and water.
- You are welcome to bring your own snacks and non-alcoholic beverages and water bottles.
- On Saturday, when the park opens please be aware that most food location accept cashless payment only. Boardwalk Bucks are accepted at all food locations.
SWAPS are optional (Special Whatchamacallits Affectionately Pinned Somewhere). These are small crafts, often with a pin that scouts & others can exchange. Recommended to bring around 10 if participating.
Sand Sculpture Competition
- Sand sculpture competition location will be announced when signing up.
- All contestants must be registered for the overnight event.
- Parents/chaperones are responsible for the minor’s safety on the beach and along the water line. There will be no lifeguard on duty.
- Teams must provide their own supplies.
- Have fun and be safe!
- Judges will be judging based on the following:
- Originality/creativity- up to 10 points
- Attention to detail- up to 5 points
- Artistic impression- up to 5 points
- Prizes will be awarded for each of the team categories placing in 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
Lights out Etiquette
- Lights will begin to be shut off around 10:45pm and may take about 15-20 minutes.
- Please be respectful of fellow camper’s and keep conversations to a whisper.
Safety Guidelines & Requirements
- Adult Chaperone: All participants under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult. One adult chaperone, over the age of 18 years, is required for every group of 8 minors.
- Authorization forms: Each attendee must submit a completed authorization form in advance by their legal guardian. Adults 18 and over must submit one for themselves. Authorization forms can be done online at beachboardwalk.com/girlscout.
- Suspicious Behavior: While uniformed Boardwalk Security will keep the event area secure, each attendee is under the responsibility of their adult chaperone at event. Any behavior the Boardwalk staff and security deem inappropriate (drugs, drinking, graffiti, etc.) will result in immediate removal from the event without a refund.
- Overnight Security: There will be uniformed Boardwalk Security on-site throughout the event. The Boardwalk Security will be in touch with The City of Santa Cruz Police Department and Fire Department. If you have anything suspicious to report, please communicate with the Boardwalk Security.
- First Aid: All Boardwalk Security officers are trained in First Aid and CPR. If there is a need for First Aid, please inform Boardwalk Security. When the park opens on Saturday at 12pm, you may go to the First Aid office located inside the Guest Services office next to the Haunted Castle.
- Alcohol: This event is alcohol-free.
- Fires: No campfires are allowed during this event. Any violation will result in immediate removal from event.
- Restrooms: Men’s and Women’s restrooms are located inside the camping area and will be open throughout the night. There are no showers available.
- Event Boundaries: No attendees will be allowed outside of the designated event areas unattended (parking lots, beach, etc.) after they have checked in.
- Encountering Trespassers: If at any time you see/suspect a trespasser who is not part of the event enter the event area, please report immediately to a Boardwalk Security Officer. Please do not attempt to contact them yourself.
- Rides: Under no circumstances will anyone be allowed to be on or in the ride areas until the park opens on Saturday at 12pm. If any attendees are found playing on or around rides throughout the evening and prior to rides opening, it may be cause for immediate removal from event without a refund. All event attendees must adhere to The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk rules/regulations including ride height requirements.
- After 12pm on Saturday: On Saturday at 12pm when the park opens, the event concludes. You will have access to rides with your event wristband and remain under the supervision of your chaperone.
Male Chaperones & Male Attendees
- The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk follows the Girl Scout Standard #13, “There may be trips when fathers or male leaders/advisors are part of the group. It is not appropriate for males to sleep in the same space with girl members. They may participate only if separate sleeping quarters are available for their use.”
- This overnight will provide a separate sleeping area designated for males and their immediate family only.
- The girl scout attendee can choose to sleep with their male chaperone in this area.
- No males can sleep outside this designated area.
Refunds & Cancellations
- Sorry all registration sales are final.
- If you are unable to enjoy the rides on Saturday and need to depart early, you may exchange your event wristband prior to 12pm at the Season Pass office in exchange for a ride voucher for another visit.
Email us at [email protected]