Security Officers at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
Are you considering a career in protective services, law enforcement or security? Do you want to work at an exciting, world-class seaside amusement park, right at the beach?
The Santa Cruz Seaside Company, owner and operator of the Beach Boardwalk, is looking for honest, loyal, responsible and motivated men and women to join our team!
The Boardwalk offers excellent paid training with competitive wages. Many of our officers go on to careers in law enforcement, fire fighting and emergency medical services.
In addition to the privilege of working right on the beach, all of our security officers are given 100+ hours of specialized training, including but not limited to:
- Arrest and Crowd Control Tactics
- Terrorism Awareness
- Public Relations and Communication
- Guest Services
- First Aid, AED and CPR
- Report Writing
- Chemical Agents and Baton Training
- Loss Prevention
Full-time officers also receive medical and dental benefits along with paid holidays and vacations. The Boardwalk also provides all required safety equipment and uniforms, including dry cleaning.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess and maintain a valid CA driver’s license
- Commit to at least 30 hours availability weekly between Memorial Day and Labor Day
- Able to walk, stand and sit outdoors for long periods in a range of weather.
- Willing to patrol the Boardwalk or related properties, by foot, bicycle, vehicle; staff fixed posts or roving beats.
- Obtain California State Bureau of Security and Investigative Services Guard Card prior to release from trainee status (paid in-house training program)
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal English. Ability to write or speak Spanish is highly desirable.
If offered employment, you must complete the following:
- Drug test
- Health history assessment
- Criminal background check
- DMV printout
- Eye exam
- Back exam
- Suitability assessment
Visit beachboardwalk.com/jobs for current openings.