6th Annual Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
Saturday, October 24, 2015
Team Registration - Enter a team now!
Registration Deadline: September 25, 2015
Each team receives:
- Two All-Day Rides Wristbands
- Two team t-shirts
- One complimentary parking pass
Check in and set up cooking areas. NO EARLY CHECK IN.
Meeting for cooks in Beach Amphitheater
Preparation period (No heat- 1 hour)
Santa Cruz Fire Department booth inspections (Must have type 2A10BC fire extinguisher, secured propane tank with no leaks, and no other fire hazards).
Cooking period (3 hours)
Judging times and cups delivered to teams
Public tasting begins
Judging begins- teams deliver chili to Judging Area at requested times
Cook-Off representative collects a second judging sample from Red Con Carne Chili finalists
Deliver People's Choice and Taste Ticket boxes to Judging Area
Winners announced in beach amphitheater
Plaques will be awarded to the winners in each of the following categories:
Best Chili Winners
(1st place winners will be put into a drawing for an additional $500)
- Best Amateur Red - 1st ($150), 2nd, 3rd
- Best Amateur Vegetarian Red - 1st ($150), 2nd, 3rd
- Best Professional Red - 1st ($150), 2nd, 3rd
- Best Professional Vegetarian Red - 1st ($150), 2nd, 3rd
People's Choice Winners
- People's Choice Amateur - 1st ($250)
- People's Choice Professional - 1st ($250)
"Most Tasted" and "Most Original" Winners
- Most Tasted Amateur - 1st ($250)
- Most Tasted Professional - 1st ($250)
- Most Original Team - 1st ($250), 2nd, 3rd
Every Team will be eligible for a special prize drawing of $250!
(Head cook must be present at awards ceremony)
- Fill out the form below.
- Click the submit button once only.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the address provided.
- If entering two different categories (Red and Vegetarian Red) mark both categories in the Participant Totals section. Participants MAY NOT enter two teams in the same category.
- Team entry is not confirmed until full payment is received. Sorry no refunds.
- Entries are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.