We are super excited for the upcoming Boardwalk Beach Blitz here at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk!
Please review the following information before you arrive.
Times and events subject to change
|4pm-10pm||Check-in at Main Entrance|
|5pm-8pm||Free Play in Casino Arcade (Includes Laser Tag- excludes redemption games)|
|6pm-8pm||Dinner at the Aloha Terrace|
* Evening Program at Beach Stage coordinated by Santa Cruz County Churches
|11pm||Lights out- Quiet time|
|7am-8:30am||Pack up sleeping areas|
|7am||Coffee at the Aloha Terrace|
|8am-9am||Breakfast at the Aloha Terrace|
Morning Program at Colonnade Stage coordinated by Santa Cruz County Churches
|10:30am-12pm||Free Play in Casino Arcade (Includes Laser Tag- excludes redemption games)|
*Evening program is free and open to the public.
What to do before arriving
- Register everyone in attendance including adult chaperones.
- Everyone in attendance must submit online authorization form.
- Bring registration and confirmation email.
Recommended Packing list
- Free-standing tent (no ground stakes)
- Hand cart or wagon (to help transport items to sleeping area)
- Sleeping pad/mattress (tents will be on cement)
- Sleeping bag
- Warm jacket
- Beach/Lawn chair for evening and morning programs
- Snacks & bottled water
- Change of clothes for Saturday
Most food locations accept cashless payment only. Boardwalk Bucks are accepted at all food locations. All games and attractions do not accept cash (Must purchase a MyBoardwalk card).
- Parking is free for registered attendees on Friday and Saturday
- RV parking will be $25 and must park in the Main Parking lot. You will need to process payment on Friday at the check-in ticket booth. An employee will give you a confirmation paper that must be displayed on your dashboard overnight. Security will be notified of your RV. Failure to process payment on Friday will result in full $50 RV parking fee on Saturday.
- Main Lot: You will pull a ticket. Please take ticket to event check-in table to be validated. Tickets cannot be validated after 12pm Saturday morning.
- Security will patrol the parking lot for the overnight parking.
- No ins and outs. Once you leave Saturday, standard parking rates will apply.
- Check-in will be located at the Main Entrance. Check-in will be open at 4pm and will be staffed by a Boardwalk representative until 10pm.
- An information table will be staffed by a Boardwalk representative Saturday morning from 8am-9am at breakfast and from 9am-12pm at the Season Pass office.
- When checking in, you will receive your event wristband and any additional items you have pre-purchased including T-shirts and lunch packages.
- Limited availability of T-shirts available to purchase at check-in.
- You can check-in as a group or individually. Once you enter event, you may set up inside the Boardwalk. There are no assigned campsite locations.
- The event wristband you receive at check-in will allow you access to the exclusive event areas on Friday evening and Saturday morning. The wristband will also be your Wristband for the rides on Saturday.
- If anyone in your group needs to leave early once checked in, please see Boardwalk representative at the check-in table or information table. If you need to leave once the check-in table is closed, please see Boardwalk Security.
- Dinner is included with registration for Friday evening on the Aloha Terrace near the Casino Arcade from 6-8pm. Sorry, we cannot accommodate meals for late arrivals.
- Dinner menu (subject to change without notice)- chicken strips, pasta with marinara, baked beans, fruit salad, and carrots, celery, fountain drinks and water.
- Breakfast is included with registration for Saturday morning on the Aloha Terrace near the Casino Arcade from 8-9am.
- Breakfast menu (subject to change without notice)- scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs with bacon, bagels, oatmeal, yogurt, bananas, coffee, hot cocoa, orange juice, and water.
- You are welcome to bring your own snacks.
- On Saturday, when the park opens please be aware that most food location accept cashless payment only. Boardwalk Bucks are accepted at all food locations.
Lights out Etiquette
- Lights will begin to be shut off around 11pm. It may take 15-20 minutes to get them all off.
- Please be respectful of our fellow campers and keep conversations a whisper.
- Leaders/ Adult Chaperones: Each group must be accompanied by at least two adult leaders and adhere to the leader-to-student ratios of one-per-eight. The leaders must keep track of their students. In the event that a student must separate, they must tell their leader and get another group member to go with them- they should never be alone. On Saturday at 12pm when the park opens, the event is then self-guided and the students are entirely the adult’s responsibility.
- Authorization Forms: Each attendee must submit a completed authorization form in advance by their legal guardians. Adults 18 and over must submit one for themselves. Authorization forms can be done online at beachboardwalk.com/blitz.
- Suspicious Behavior: While uniformed Boardwalk security will keep the event area secure, each attendee is under the responsibility of their adult chaperone at the event. Any behavior the Boardwalk staff deem inappropriate (drugs, drinking, graffiti, etc.), will result in immediate removal from the event without a refund.
- Overnight Security: There will be uniformed Boardwalk security on-site throughout the event. Security will also patrol the parking lot for overnight parking. These security officers will be in touch with the City of Santa Cruz police department and fire department. If you have anything suspicious to report, please communicate with Boardwalk Security.
- First Aid: All Boardwalk security officers are trained in First Aid and CPR. If there is a need for First Aid, please inform Boardwalk Security. When the park opens on Saturday at 12pm, you may go to the First Aid office at the Guest Services Office near the Haunted Castle.
- Fires: No camp fires during the event. Any violation will result in immediate removal from the event.
- Restrooms: Men’s and Women’s restrooms are located inside the camping area and will be open throughout the night. There are no showers available.
- Event Boundaries: No students will be allowed outside of the designated event areas unattended (parking lots, beach, etc) after they have checked in.
- Encountering Trespassers: If at any time you see/suspect a trespasser who is not part of the event enter the event area, please report it immediately to a Boardwalk Security Officer. Do not attempt to confront them yourself.
- Rides: Under no circumstances will anyone be allowed to be on or in the ride areas until the park opens on Saturday at 12pm. If any attendees are found playing on or around rides throughout the evening, it may be cause for expulsion from the event. All event attendees must adhere to Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk rules/regulations including ride height requirements.
- After 12pm on Saturday: On Saturday at 12pm when the park opens, the event concludes. You will have access to rides with your event wristband and remain under the supervision of your chaperone.
Refunds & Cancellations
- Sorry all registration sales are final.
- If you are unable to enjoy the rides on Saturday and need to depart early, you may exchange your event wristband prior to 12pm at the event information table or in the Season Pass office in exchange for a ride voucher for another visit.