Grad Blast FAQs
Is the Boardwalk Grad Blast a public event?
No. It is a private event exclusively for high school seniors and their chaperones only. No public access will be allowed. Sorry, no season passes will be accepted for this event.
What are the hours?
Grad Blast runs from 9:00pm to 4:00am. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the full Grad Blast timeline of activities
Is the entire park open?
The majority of our most popular rides and attractions will be open on a free ride/play basis. This includes the Casino Arcade and Neptune's Kingdom Arcades.
Do our students need money once inside the park?
A midnight meal is included in the package. In addition, some Boardwalk food concessions will be open prior to that mealtime for students who would like to purchase Boardwalk food and snacks. Some Boardwalk souvenir shops will also be open for this event.
Does our group need to provide chaperones?
Every group must have at least one adult (25 or older) chaperone. One free chaperone ticket will be provided for every 10 students registered in advance.
What kind of security will be present?
Grad Blast is safe and sober night for your students. Boardwalk Security Officers will monitor all aspects of the Grad Blast event. Boardwalk Security radios are directly linked to the Santa Cruz Police and Fire Departments. All attendees will be subject to a metal detector wand search at the Grad Blast entrance.
Do we have to pay for parking?
Parking is free for all buses and chaperone vehicles in the Beach Parking Lot, directly across the street from the event entrance. Students are not allowed to drive their own cars.
Is there a dress code?
Yes. The dress code for Grad Blast applies to all students and chaperones. Anyone not adhering to the Grad Blast Dress Code will not be allowed into the event without finding alternate clothing.
Clothing Items NOT Permitted:
- No clothing (including hats, beanies and bandanas) affiliated with a school, sports team, group, club, etc. (i.e. letterman jackets, clothing with school logos, major sports teams, etc., including groups with matching shirts, pants, etc.)
- No clothing in poor condition such as excessively ripped or torn jeans, shirts, etc.
- No extremely revealing clothing such as bathing suit tops or bottoms, tops showing midriff or low cut, see-through clothing, etc.
- No large tote bags or backpacks. Only women's purses under 8.5" x 11" will be accepted.
- No gang-related clothing, colors, paraphernalia, or tattoos.
- No guns, knives, sharp objects or weapons of any kind.
- No clothing or belts with spikes, sharp studs or chains.
- No drugs, alcohol or illegal substances of any kind.
It is ultimately the school's responsibility to ensure that graduates adhere to the dress code prior to leaving the school.